I feel so accomplished this morning.. I got around 2,000 – 3,000 photos off my phone.. some of which have been on there since 2013ish.. And I erased them from my phone so now I have tons of space! woo hoo.. more space = more photos to take.. A lot of them were pictures that Miss O has taken of herself. Making stupid faces, of course.
I also got the little squids finger nails and toe nails cut. Which is a good thing because last night Persephone scratched my face while she was sleeping.. not a pleasant thing to wake up to. She and Salvatore are sleeping with me in our tiny full sized bed. It will get more and more uncomfortable as my belly grows. As it is now, I’m on the edge of the bed!
My two elementary kids, Settimio and Fifi, missed the bus this morning so I had to drive them to school as well. Thankfully it is just a 2 minute drive up the big hill.. We would walk but it’s a kind of dangerous, curvy, uphill road with no sidewalks.. (we live outside of city limits so it’s a bit more country) So the bus is safer.
I thought I would write a bit and post some photos (if I can figure how to, which doesn’t seem hard) of some of the stuff I’ve been doing lately..
A few months ago, or sometime last year I picked up a few pallets from my sis in law’s work with the intent on making something out of them.. I dismantled them right away. That was sort of a pain in the butt until I figured out a system with the hammer.. Initially I was using a hand saw. It was pretty hot out so it was probably last summer some time. The dismantled pallet wood stood under my bedroom window for a long time being used as ugly wall decoration and pretend skateboards and magic carpets when the little kids would go out front to play.. So, the other day I decided I would nail some pieces together and stain it to make a sign for the Chicken coop area.. The wood actually looks pretty nice now that it’s stained but it’s pretty huge and not really what I was going for.. so it’s sitting back under my bedroom window, for now, looking a little more put together and pretty.
here it is looking all pretty
I still want to make some thing out of the stained pallet wood, I just haven’t decided what yet.
But here is the sign I decided to go with for our chicken coop..
I still need to get some little eye hooks to get it all put together.. But I was going to finish the painting first.
Here is what it looks like with the white paint over top the black.. getting it’s letters put on. I started painting it but it’s really hard to do with the crappy brushes I have so I need to head into Michael’s or someplace and pick up some smaller more defined brushes. Recently I’ve been using crappy kid paint brushes we had left over from some of their old homeschooling projects. I was using black chalk board paint and the white paint is Annie Sloan chalk paint in Old White.. The letters will just be done in black acrylics. I am almost out of the chalk board paint so I think when I get the paintbrushes I will probably pick up some flat black paint to use instead.. buying the flat black is a bit cheaper and it will give the same result I need for the signs/canvases I’ve been doing. I’m just using the black for the under layer anyway.
Here are some of the signs I’ve been doing the past week or so..
Those two were done with the black chalk paint..
Getting some signs ready for the Holiday Market in November.
I need to get some more canvas as well when I head in to get the paint brushes..
All my signs I have available for purchase on my esty account and I will be selling them at the Farmer’s Market when I go back in July. The holiday ones I will be saving for the Holiday Farmer’s Market in November.. The weekend before Thanksgiving if you happen to be in Anacortes, WA and want to come check it out. This year will be my first! I’m excited, but I will also have a newborn with me as this little bean is due October 25. I’ve gone as a shopper the past two years and it was a lot of fun. There is lots of cool things to check out. It’s over a pier so you can see the water through the cracks in the floor. The kids got a kick out of that!
But today I want to finish up, or rather start sewing, the dresses I am making for the little girls. I got the pattern pieces printed and all taped together yesterday.
It actually wasn’t bad putting it together. A little time consuming. More so than buying a pre-made paper pattern. But buying the e-file was nice because I didn’t have to wait for it to come in the mail to get started on my project. I bought the pattern from http://www.sensibility.com. It’s the girls Regency Dress Pattern. I’m so excited to start. I still need to trace the correct size pattern pieces onto my interfacing to make the reusable pattern. I’m going to make the 2 little girls the short sleeved version. Fifi is excited. She loves dresses. Persephone could probably care less and probably will ask to take it off once I actually put it on her.. She’s not a dress girl. But sometimes you just gotta make them! At least when she’s little. I’m hoping to get sewing today. Maybe I’ll even finish a dress, or both.. it is Friday so I can just do pizza and a movie night for the squids. Holy poop, I can’t believe the school year is almost out.. I can’t freakin wait!
So I guess I will go clear another place on the living room floor (something I have to do multiple times a day with Sally and Percy making messes all the time!) and get to tracing out my pattern pieces.. get the fabric ironed, and cut. And hopefully get to sewing!